Bulgaria Basks in Sunshine as Mercury Zooms up to 24C
Temperatures in Bulgaria during the Easter holidays are forecast to reach 24C to delight the people, who are eagerly expecting a warm spell after the long winter, the late snowfalls and the gloomy, cold weather from the beginning of the week.
On Friday the mercury will zoom up to 18 and 23 degrees Celsius in the western parts in the country, and 13 to 16 with moderate winds in the eastern ones.
In the capital Sofia highs have been set at 19-20C.
For the Easter holidays, the weather will remain warm and sunny without significant temperature changes.
The highest temperatures – up to 24 degrees are expected in the western parts of the Danube Plain, and in southwestern Bulgaria; the lowest – again on the Black Sea coast.
No precipitations are expected.
Temperatures in the mountains will reach 12 degrees with sunny weather and low winds.
The cold spell will be back after the Easter holidays, pushing the mercury down by about 5C, only to recover quickly and zoom up to 25C.
A wave of cold air will sweep again the country on the last day of the month.
- » Cloudy Skies with Rain this Afternoon in some Regions of Bulgaria
- » Earthquake Measuring 4.9 Shakes France
- » The Astronomical Spring is Coming
- » Spring Cleaning Campaign in Sofia Begins
- » Sunshine until Noon, Rain Showers later on in some Places in South Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Starts the Week with Nice Weather