Spring Snow Surprises Parts of Bulgaria
Two weeks before Easter, people in northeastern Bulgaria and the Rhodope mountains woke up under a cover of fresh snow.
Snow fell in the areas of the northeastern cities of Dobrich, Silistra, Shumen, the towns of Isperih and Tervel, and the mountain city of Smolyan, where the cover reached 1 cm.
Traffic police inform the roads have been cleaned, but warn drivers to be cautious, especially those who have already replaced their winter tires with summer ones.
Late snow is dangerous for orchards and spring vegetables.
Temperatures are expected to remain low for April during the entire week, according to forecasts, especially in eastern Bulgaria. Light rain is expected Wednesday and Thursday.
- » Bulgaria Starts the Week with Nice Weather
- » 4.5 Magnitude Earthquake Hit the Greek Island of Zakynthos
- » UN: 2018 was the most Negative for the Climate
- » Spring Returns to Bulgaria with Full Force
- » More Sun in Northwest Bulgaria, Cloudy and Rainy in Eastern Parts of the Country
- » Cloudy Skies with Rain in Places Throughout Bulgaria this Afternoon