Spring Snow Surprises Parts of Bulgaria
Two weeks before Easter, people in northeastern Bulgaria and the Rhodope mountains woke up under a cover of fresh snow.
Snow fell in the areas of the northeastern cities of Dobrich, Silistra, Shumen, the towns of Isperih and Tervel, and the mountain city of Smolyan, where the cover reached 1 cm.
Traffic police inform the roads have been cleaned, but warn drivers to be cautious, especially those who have already replaced their winter tires with summer ones.
Late snow is dangerous for orchards and spring vegetables.
Temperatures are expected to remain low for April during the entire week, according to forecasts, especially in eastern Bulgaria. Light rain is expected Wednesday and Thursday.
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria, Maximum Temperatures between 23°C and 28°C
- » The EC Creates an Air Fleet to Combat Fires
- » Experts Say the Ocean Level May Rise 2m by the End of the Century
- » Bear Cub Visited a Private Yard of a House in Kladnitsa, Western Bulgaria (Video)
- » A Mild Earthquake Was Registered in the Kresna Seismic Zone
- » The Council of the European Union Has Adopted New Rules on Single-Use Plastics