Gusty Wind Knocks Passenger Tube at Sofia Airport
The strong wind has toppled down a passenger departure-arrival tube at terminal 2 of Sofia International Airport Saturday evening.
The information was reported Sunday by the largest private TV channel bTV.
Just minutes before the tube fell, around 6 pm, a plane with passengers has pulled off from it, but, luckily, the craft was at a safe distance at the time of the accident. There are no reported injuries.
The airport authority has conducted a full check of all tubes. A special commission is going to probe the incident.
- » Earthquake Measuring 3.2 on the Richter Scale Sensed in Dimitrovgrad and Haskovo
- » In the Afternoon Above the Eastern and Mountainous Regions of Bulgaria Could be Raindfall
- » Yellow Code for Heavy Rains and Thunder in 16 Districts in Bulgaria
- » NIMH: Code Yellow Warning For Heavy Rain with Thunder and Hail
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria, Maximum Temperatures between 23°C and 28°C
- » The EC Creates an Air Fleet to Combat Fires