Berlusconi’s Underage Sex Trial Adjourned
Italian PM Silvio Berlusconi's much awaited trial for having sex with an underage prostitute and abuse of power to get her out of jail opened Wednesday, only to be adjourned until May 31.
Berlusconi had sex 13 times with underage dancer Karima el Mahroug, nicknamed "Ruby the heart-stealer," according to legal papers seen by CNN. He is also charged with abusing his power by forcing the police to release Ruby after she was arrested for theft worth EUR 1 800.
Ruby is just one of the 33 women the accused by Italian prosecutors of prostituting themselves for money, jewelry and other gifts with the Italian tycoon prime minister. In his words, what is described by the prosecution as "bunga-bunga" orgies at his mansion at Arcore, near Milan, were "private dinners".
Berlusconi is in the midst of trials on a wide array of charges, including bribery and tax fraud. He and executives of his private broadcaster, Mediaset, are accused of having inflated the price paid for acquiring television rights via offshore companies controlled by the Prime Minister, in order to falsely declare smaller revenues
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 580 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia hits Izmail
- » More than 200 people were Injured in an Explosion at a Gas Station in Nagorno-Karabakh
- » Day 579 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv has received American Abrams Tanks
- » France to phase out coal by 2027
- » France will End its Military Presence in Niger and Bring Back its Ambassador
- » Three Serbs were Killed in Kosovo, Two others were Wounded