Bulgarian Villagers Block Highway Construction
Frustrated residents of the Pernik village of Golyamo Buchino blocked Tuesday the ongoing construction of the Lyulin Highway protesting interference with their daily lives.
The villagers requested that the Mapa Cengiz company constructing Lyulin immediately fulfil its oblgations in restoring the road infrastructure of their village and reimburse owners for their expropriated estates.
10 km of roads in Golyamo Buchino, as well as road drains, are claimed to have been destroyed for the construction of the highway.
40 owners of properties in the area are claiming damages. The city of Pernik is also claiming BGN 0.8 M from the company.
The protest, which blocked all access to the main construction site, was attended by Pernik mayor Rositsa Yanakieva and Pernik town council president Dobri Mitrev.
They recalled that Lyulin Highway is scheduled to be finished within a month and claimed there are no indications that Turkish company Mapa Cengiz will move to fulfil its obligations to the local residents.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 1087 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Greece does not Plan to Return Covid Measures
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Measures will Not End Today, They will be Extended
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Duration of the Isolation of Patients is Reduced from Today
- » Bulgaria: Are Gas Stations Draining Money through the Anti-Crisis Measures
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 1,350 New Cases in the Last 24 hours