Bulgarian Embassy Only EU Representation Open in Tripoli
The Bulgarian Embassy in the Libyan capital Tripoli is the only EU one currently open and functioning.
The information was reported Thursday by the Bulgarian National Radio, BNR, after an earlier announcement Greece is evacuating all their diplomats from Libya.
The Bulgarian Foreign Affairs Ministry reiterates their insistent appeal for all Bulgarian citizens to leave the country over the raging civil war and NATO mission. According to Ministry's data, about 200 Bulgarians remain in different Libyan cities. The institution further says they are fully prepared to evacuate Bulgarian diplomats as well.
The Foreign Ministry reminds that chances to leave Libya diminish by every passing day.
BNR further informs that 7 Bulgarian citizens have been evacuated on board of a Russian airplane departing from Tunisia late Wednesday evening. Three of them are expected to arrive in Sofia Thursday, after spending the night in Moscow.
Diplomatic sources have said a total of 9 Bulgarians have asked for assistance to leave Libya, but 2 later changed their mind.
- » Serbian Politician: Bulgarian Intelligence Officers Hinder Agreement with Kosovo
- » New Balkan Diplomatic Scandal Involving Bulgarian PM Borisov
- » 46 out 48 Projects Successfully Completed Within the Cooperation between Bulgaria and Macedonia
- » New over € 5 million will be Invested in the Border Region Between Bulgaria and Northern Macedonia
- » PM Borissov Expects Chinese Investments in the "Green" Economy of Bulgaria
- » PM Boyko Borissov Held a Meeting with a Delegation from China