GERB Crime Stunt Fed by US, but Backfired
The recent releases by Wikileaks of the 2005 Uncensored Diplomatic Cable on Organized Crime in Bulgaria, proves how much the Americans know about it and why there is a smear campaign against the Ambassador in Sofia.... James Warlick. It should be no surprise that the Americans have this information, as it's in their interest to gather and assimilate everything via the CIA about every country in the world. Uncle Sam, watches, listens and manipulates when required.
It also confirms that the flurry of activity by the Interior ministry and police in arresting lots of alleged crime bosses, in the first big publicity exercise of the new GERB government, was with information supplied by the Americans. Unfortunately the stunt back fired so it is now history, and criminal activities in one of the most corrupt countries in Europe continues unabated.
The other interesting thing that comes out of the report is how skillful Organized Crime in Bulgaria has been over the last twenty years; in infiltrating and setting up legitimate businesses, which now control nearly everything through its cartels... they got two bites of the cherry !!
The influence of businessmen over the politicians and the judiciary is not a Bulgarian phenomenon...that's worldwide!!!
- » Snow on Epiphany Morning in a Soviet Era Sofia Apartment
- » Final US Presidential Debate: Trump May Have Decreased Chance of Success
- » The Second US Presidential Debate: Observations and Analysis
- » Observations on the First Clinton-Trump Debate
- » A Letter to the Azerbaijani People
- » A Day (or 3) in the Life of an Englishman in Haskovo