Line of Birthday Gifts Awaits Bulgaria's Ethnic Turkish Leader
Members and supporters of the Bulgarian ethnic Turkish party DPS went Tuesday to its headquarters to greet the leader Ahmed Dogan for his 57th birthday.
A long line of gifts awaited Dogan. The mayor of the Bulgarian city of Kardzhali, Hasan Azis, arrived to Sofia carrying a painting, while the mayor of the village of Garmen, Ahmed Bashev, chose a rug as his present.
Other gifts for the leader included luxurious items of world famous brands, as well as flowers.
"Every nation has a leader. We are a minority and every year we express our gratitude to him or what he has done for us, for everything we have. We are proud of him. This is a true leader. Some people demand a change, but this is apparently triggered by other circumstances," said the leader of the Roma population, Gyursel Aliev, who is a DPS activist and came to wish "Happy Birthday" to Dogan.
Aliev told the Bulgarian daily "24 Chasa" (24 Hours) that his gift is a painting of the Blue Mosque in Istanbul.
A DPS member has revealed that the party leader will also receive many books, since he has a great passion for reading.
The party's former coalition partner NDSV said they will send Dogan their greetings and a bouquet. By late Monday, the other coalition partner, the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP), had not decided on their present yet.
In 2009, the Prime Minister at the time, Sergey Stanishev, presented Dogan who was his governing partner with a microscope from the 1940s.
- » Organic Agriculture in Bulgaria is Already Monitored with an Electronic Register
- » Traffic on Bulgaria Blvd in Sofia is Restored
- » Mountain Rescuers were Looking for a Missing Person in Pirin
- » Bulgarian Tol System Will Generate BGN 600 million Revenue Per Year
- » Final: The Case of the Omani State Fund Against Bulgaria over the CCB has been Completed
- » Changes in Traffic in Sofia from Today, See Where