Ex Bulgarian Football Boss Sentenced to 7 Years Jail Time
Former Bulgarian football boss, Ivaylo Drazhev, was sentenced Monday to 7 years behind bars for causing a fatal traffic accident and for DUI.
The Supreme Court of Cassations sentenced Drazhev to five years for causing the death of two people and leaving one in a wheelchair plus another two years for driving under the influence in another case. He was also sentenced to pay 55 000 in damages under the civil claim and the court expenses in the amount of BGN 2 000.
The defense counsel insists the Burgas Appellate Court, where the case was tried at previous instance, has been prejudiced against the defendant , who is the former owner of the Burgas-based football club "Chernomorets".
Until now, the 1998 fatal car accident case has been dragging on for 13 years without a verdict.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: 25 Migrants were Detained near Simeonovgrad
- » Bulgaria: 8 Illegal Migrants and their Driver were Detained in Sofia
- » A Bulgarian Woman close to the "Crypto Queen" Ruja Ignatova was Extradited to the US
- » Bulgaria: 11 Detained after the Mass Brawl with Axes and Hoes in Kazanlak
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Minister: It is a Tradition for Migrant Traffickers to Not Stop after Police Signals them
- » Bulgaria: 9 Detained in Sliven Region during Police Operation against Domestic Crime and Vote Buying