Egypt Starts Arming Libyan Rebels - Report
Egyptian military forces have reportedly started delivering arms to rebels over the Libyan border with Washington's knowledge.
The shipments, which consist mainly of assault rifles and ammunition, appear to be the first confirmed case of an outside government arming the rebel fighters, the Wall Street Journal points out.
The rebels have suffered severe attacks during the past days, with forces loyal to embattled dictator Muammar Gaddafi advancing westwards. On Thursday, the bombing was launched on the city of Benghazi, held by the opposition.
Late on Thursday, UN Security Council approved a no-fly zone over Libya thus legitimizing a foreign military intervention in the fighter between Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi and pro-democracy rebels.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Transgender and Tribal Women among the Recipients of India’s Top Civilian Awards
- » EU May Impose New Sanctions on Belarus as early as Monday
- » Poland Increases Security on Border with Belarus after Threat of Migrants Increases
- » Russia: For Third Day in a Row, More than 40,000 New Infections with COVID-19
- » Up to Three Years in Prison for a Fake COVID Certificate in Ukraine
- » A Record 1,178 Died of COVID-19 in Russia in the last 24 hours