Arabs, Bulgarians Stage Anti-Gaddafi Protest in Sofia
Nationals of a number of Arab countries, as well as Bulgarian citizens, staged an anti-Gaddafi rally in front of the Libyan embassy in Sofia Saturday.
The event gathered around 60 Bulgarian residents from Libya, Tunisia, Iraq, Syria, Egypt and the Palestian Authority, calling for a stepping down of the Libyan leader and for a ceasing of the deadly violence against the Libyan people.
The protesters were carrying slogans such as "Libya belongs to the nation, not to Muammar Gaddafi", "No more Gadaffi," and "The people of Tunisia say to all Arab dictators: Game Over!" They also laid down flowers in memory of those who fell in Libya's bloodied anti-governmental protests.
- » National Employment Agency: The Unemployment Rate in Bulgaria Remains at Record Low Level
- » The Iconic Designer Luigi Colani Dies at 91
- » New Mobile App Collects Reports for Incorrect and Good Employers
- » Thousands Attended the Gay Parade in Belgrade
- » The New School Year Begins Today
- » It will be Sunny Today, with Scattered High Clouds Around Midday