Swine Flu Epidemic in Greece Claims 99 Lives
Greek authorities have issued a warning about swine flu epidemic, which has already claimed the lives of 99 people, local media reported.
Another 127 people affected with swine flu have been hospitalized in intensive care with confirmed symptoms.
Greek epidemiologists have forecast that the number of people affected with the A(H1N1) virus this year would be double the number from last year, which was 149.
According to health officials in Greece, the elderly are more at risk of getting infected, but young individuals can also catch the virus.
In Bulgaria, one person died from swine flu in December 2010.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Austria urged North Macedonia to include Bulgarians in its Constitution
- » The EU has decided that from 2035 only New Cars with Zero Carbon Dioxide Emissions will be Sold
- » Day 399 of the Invasion of Ukraine: VSU hit Russian Occupied Melitopol multiple times
- » The Pentagon is preparing the US Space Force for a possible Conflict with Russia and China in Space
- » Biden urged Netanyahu to abandon the Judicial Reform
- » Another Night of Clashes in France - Over 740,000 Protested against the Pension Reform