STONE FROM HIROSHIMA DISPLAYED ON GLOBAL DAY OF COMPASSION
Society | August 7, 2002, Wednesday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
The Earth and Man National Museum marked for the fifth time the Global day of Compassion August 6, held to commemorate the victims of H-bombs, wars and terrorism and promote people's efforts to live in harmony with nature and with each other. The Stone from Hiroshima was put on display at the Gigantic Crystals Room of the museum only on this day. The piece of granite was part of the tramway pavement in Hiroshima directly exposed to the H-bomb dropped on Hiroshima at 08.15 hours on August 6, 1945. The piece features the face of a young woman - the Goddess of Compassion. The same face has been engraved on 188 pieces of granite taken from the same place near the Aioi Bridge where the bomb exploded. The pieces were sent to 188 states by the Stone for Peace Association of Hiroshima in the hope that all mankind will share the desire for a world without wars.Society » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » More than 60 Were Killed in Blasts at Mosque in Afghanistan
- » BFSA Withdraws Dangerous Romanian Mackerel from the Market
- » Bulgarian Warships Depart for NATO Missions
- » President Rumen Radev with a Comment about the State of the Media Environment in Bulgaria
- » The Iconic Barbie Doll Is Turning 60!
- » Plane Overshot the Runway in Alaska