Fancy Recreational Drugs Thrive in Bulgaria's Sofia
Bulgarian customs have detained over 5 kg of so-called designer drugs at Sofia Airport over the last few days.
Designer drugs come in unusual shapes, forms or packages, or are made such as to circumvent drug laws.
As a poor example, a shipment from China labeled to contain an anticorrosive was found to contain drugs.
Another more typical example was a shipment from Belgium synthetic cannabis disguised as substances for aroma therapy. Similarly, a shipment from the Netherlands disguised GBL as liquid soap.
Supplies for aroma therapy, aromatic salts and liquid soaps are classic ways to mask recreational drugs and have been reported to be frequently used around Sofia.
Customs agents at the Sofia Airport have also detained cookies and other sweets containing drugs.
- » Explosion at a Dobrich Gas Station Killed a Woman, Another is in a Hospital
- » Warm Weather on Sunday as well as in the New Week in Bulgaria
- » BNR: Old Railway Line in Sofia to Be Transformed into Park Bike Lane
- » Mostly Sunny Today, with Maximum Temperatures between 27C and 32C
- » Strong Earthquake near Ankara This Morning
- » Wildfire Raging near Kazanlak, 500 Decares of Pine Forest is Burning