Southeastern Bulgaria Stunned by Early Spring
Trees have blossomed Sunday in the area of southeastern Bulgarian town of Kardzhali, after more than a week of unusually warm weather for early February.
Apricot and almond trees, as well as cornel trees, are among those that exhibited the spring-like behavior before the middle of the second month of the year. Even in the southern parts of the country, spring in Bulgaria usually comes around mid- or late March.
If temperatures drastically fall in the next few days, trees are in danger of getting frostbite and of producing an inadequate yield.
- » It Will be Sunny Again Today, with Highs Between 29C and 34C
- » It will be Sunny Today, with Scattered High Clouds Around Midday
- » Warm Weather on Sunday as well as in the New Week in Bulgaria
- » Mostly Sunny Today, with Maximum Temperatures between 27C and 32C
- » Strong Earthquake near Ankara This Morning
- » Wildfire Raging near Kazanlak, 500 Decares of Pine Forest is Burning