Sofia Water Utility Strikes Against Debtors
Sofiyska Voda, the comany that provides running water to Bulgaria's capital Sofia, has announced a stern campaign against deliquent payers.
The campaign will target both large-scaled debtors, as well as persons who have failed to pay bills as small as EUR 15-20.
The persons will be first contacted over the phone and asked to pay. At a later stage, Sofiyska Voda will consider stopping the water of the largest delinquents.
The entity with the highest amount owed to the company is an apartment block that collectively ows over EUR 150 000. The debt has accumulated over the years, as water supplied to the building is measured on just one device, and then shares are split to owners of different apartments.
Second half of 2010 Sofiyska Voda was taken by French-based international water company Veolia Environnement.
Starting February introduced a raise of the price of water with more than 9%.
- » Bulgaria - One of the EU Countries with the Highest Shares of Total Revenue from Environmental Tax
- » BGN 20 Million Allocated for Ambulance Helicopters
- » ROADPOL Operation: Over 3000 Violations Registered
- » Green Zone to be Introduced in 4 More Sofia Neighbourhoods?
- » First Case of a COVID-19 Infected in Israel
- » A Tram Hit a Child in Sofia