Bulgarians Win 'Green Design' Award at Global Competition
Bulgarians Nikola Enchev and Stefan Vankov won the Green Design Award for students the international Design Against the Elements competition in Manila, Philippines.
Their project is for the integration of technologies that produce a low cost, easy to assemble building, which would endure natural disasters.
Their design combines two main building materials: bamboo, a natural sustainable resource abundant in Asia, and concrete. It focuses on affordable and resilient communities that use modern technologies to minimize the effects of tropical storms.
Design Against The Elements is a global architectural design competition meant to develop sustainable and disaster-resistant housing for communities in tropical urban settings.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Poachers Killed One of the Rarest Birds in Bulgaria
- » Two People Have Been Infected With COVID-19 by a Mink
- » Bulgarian State Railways Signed a Contract with Siemens
- » Lake Varna: Tons of Dead Fish at the Shore, What is the Reason?
- » The Sun Has Not Been This Quiet Since the Ice Age
- » Emergency Declared in Michigan - Two Dams Have Breached