Bulgarians Win 'Green Design' Award at Global Competition
Bulgarians Nikola Enchev and Stefan Vankov won the Green Design Award for students the international Design Against the Elements competition in Manila, Philippines.
Their project is for the integration of technologies that produce a low cost, easy to assemble building, which would endure natural disasters.
Their design combines two main building materials: bamboo, a natural sustainable resource abundant in Asia, and concrete. It focuses on affordable and resilient communities that use modern technologies to minimize the effects of tropical storms.
Design Against The Elements is a global architectural design competition meant to develop sustainable and disaster-resistant housing for communities in tropical urban settings.
- » Two Powerful Earthquakes in Albania - There Are Injured People and Material Damages
- » Day without Cars: Parts of Major Cities in Bulgaria Are Closed for Cars
- » Millions of People Around the World Have Joined the Global Climate Strike
- » Fire Burned Dozens of Decares of Forests near Vidin
- » We Celebrate the Night of the Bats
- » Rain in the Southeast Part of Bulgaria Before Noon, Temperatures Between 20C and 23C