Interior Ministry Fines 60,000 Bulgarians over Expired ID Cards
Nearly 60,000 Bulgarians will be fined over expired identity documents, according to Maria Kostadinova, Head of Identity Documents Directorate of the Interior Ministry.
She said Wednesday that the ministry issued about 15,000 act for people who have not renewed their expired identity documents. The fine is between BGN 20 and BGN 150.
Kostadinova pointed out that the fines would affect only people whose documents have expired by the end of August 2010.
The interior ministry has urged people to renew their documents by the middle of the year. It also announced that there will be no 6-month gratis period for documents who expired after December 31, 2010.
The gratis period was implemented for documents, which expired in 2010, because of the problems with the system for issuing new biometric identity documents.
After September 2011, about 200,000 identity documents will expire per month, which would once again lead to huge queues in front of the passport services, the interior ministry warns.
- » Robert Downey Junior Returns as Iron Man
- » Explosion at a Dobrich Gas Station Killed a Woman, Another is in a Hospital
- » Warm Weather on Sunday as well as in the New Week in Bulgaria
- » BNR: Old Railway Line in Sofia to Be Transformed into Park Bike Lane
- » Mostly Sunny Today, with Maximum Temperatures between 27C and 32C
- » Strong Earthquake near Ankara This Morning