Holy Synod 'Instructs' Bulgarians How to Fill Census Card
Bulgaria's Holy Synod appeals to all Christian Orthodox to answer two of the non-mandatory questions from the ongoing Census in order to declare their adherence to the Orthodox Church.
In a statement sent to the media on Tuesday, the Holy Synod asks Bulgarians to answer question 12 - Are You Religious with Yes and question 13 – What is Your Religion with Eastern Orthodox, saying even though not mandatory, these questions are of prime importance for the "national, religious and cultural identity of the Bulgarian nation."
This is the first direct intervention of an official institution in the Census. Political parties based on ethnic and religious principles and nationalists have restrained from such advice.
Currently, Bulgaria is conducting the online Census. It would end at midnight on Wednesday, while on the next day (February 9) counters will start visiting people's homes.
According to data of the National Statistics Institute (NSI), 2 million Bulgarians have taken part in the online Census so far.
- » An Explosion in a Russian Lab that Stores Deadly Viruses Like Smallpox, HIV and Ebola
- » 3rd Day of International Sofia Urban Zone
- » The Bulgarian Economy Restructured Successfully after the Global Economic Crisis in 2009
- » Тhis Summer Was the Hottest on Record in the Northern Hemisphere
- » Passenger Train Derails in Hong Kong during a Rush Hour, There Are Injured
- » Neno Dimov: Less than 3% of the Imported Waste in 2018 Is Burned in TPPs