Bulgaria to Bask in Spring-Like Weather until Febr 20
The remainder of February will be pretty kind to the residents and guests of Bulgaria, despite warnings that the country is in for an especially cold and snowy winter.
The new week in Bulgaria will again be warmer than the usual for the month with highs set at between 9°C and 14°C. In Sofia the minimum temperature will be minus 3°C and the maximum 10°C.
Next Tuesday will be remembered as the hottest day this month with the mercury zooming up to 18°C in the region of Plovdiv, Pleven and Vidin.
On Wednesday, the wind will change its direction, bringing colder weather to the country. Temperatures will drop by several degrees, but no rains are expected.
The second half of the week will come with temperatures below zero. Cloudiness will increase, especially at higher altitudes. Winds will also increase but no significant snowfalls are expected.
A second warm wave will flow across the country as of the middle of the month, but temperatures will rise gradually, heralding a week of warm and sunny weather without rainfalls.
Temperatures will not be freezing cold even during the night, while in most parts of the country they will climb up to 13°C at noon.
The traditionally cold winter weather will flex it muscles again and show its full potential after February 22-23.
- » Warm Weather on Sunday as well as in the New Week in Bulgaria
- » Mostly Sunny Today, with Maximum Temperatures between 27C and 32C
- » Strong Earthquake near Ankara This Morning
- » Wildfire Raging near Kazanlak, 500 Decares of Pine Forest is Burning
- » By the end of 2020, the First Hydrogen Refueling Stations Should Be Operational in Bulgaria
- » Nearly 900 Asteroids Are Potentially Dangerous to the Earth Over the Next 100 Years