One Million Bulgarians Take Part in Online Census So Far
More than one million Bulgarians have taken part in the first online census that started Tuesday, according to data from the National Statistics Institute.
Hundreds of citizens expressed their dismay over numerous system failures in the first day of the online census. However, at 2:30 pm on Friday, the number of people who participated in the census was 1 077 539.
Almost two thirds of them were people aged 20-39. Women were 531 872 and men were 487 495. Out of the total 488 253 people that registered in the census, 365 509 managed to fill the census questionnaire successfully.
The biggest activity was registered between 6-8 pm. The National Statistics Institute is expecting the activity to remain strong during the weekend because of the opportunity for filling the questionnaire at home.
Sofia citizens were the most active in the online census – 296 973 people, followed by citizens from the districts of Varna (83 988), Plovdiv (65 337), Burgas (46 063), Ruse (33 345) and Stara Zagora (30 957).
The online census questionnaire will be available from February 1 till February 9, 2011. From February 10 till February 28, 2011, census takers will visit households, homes, and buildings.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kozloduy NPP Unit 5 Works Again, No Risk of Radioactive Contamination
- » Third Zimbabwean Minister Dies of COVID-19 within a Week
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 566 New Cases, 8 with the New Strain of COVID-19
- » Bulgaria: Ministry of Environment Slaps Stiff Fines on Polluting Mayors
- » UK Government Mulls Full Closure of Country’s Borders
- » Brazil Oxygen Supplies Running Short amid Second Covid Wave