First Bulgarian Gardener at Prestigious UK Flower Show
Gardener Hristo Yordanov will be the first Bulgarian to participate in one of the most prestigious flower forum in the UK, Hampton Court Palace Flower Show.
Yordanov has presented his project "+359 Bulgarian Garden" in the Bulgarian city of Ruse, where he negotiated with the local plant for production of fireproofing to make the 359 flowerpots he needed. The numbers represent the code that other countries use for dialing Bulgaria.
In order to realize his project, the gardener has started a charity campaign for gathering the necessary EUR 160,000. He is depending on 320,000 Bulgarians to send a text message and show support of the original presentation of the country in the UK.
All the flowers will be ordered from a British garden. After the forum is over, Yordanov will send them to 359 people, including Queen Elizabeth II and Bono, the vocalist of U2.
Hampton Court Palace Flower Show is an annual event in early July, run by the Royal Horticultural Society at Hampton Court Palace in West London.
Besides presenting inspirational show gardens, it also focuses on environmental issues, growing your own and cookery.
- » New Movie of Bulgarian Animation Artist Theodore Ushev, The Physics of Sorrow, has been Shortlisted for the Oscar Awards
- » UNESCO Added the Turkmen Rugs to its Intangible Cultural Heritage List
- » Bulgarians Have Received an European Award for Development in the Film Industry
- » Bulgarian Movie Won the Best Picture Award at the Cottbus Film Festival in Germany
- » A Turkish Court Ruling Could Turn Saint Sofia into a Mosque
- » Bulgaria Celebrates the Day of the Bulgarian National Revival Leaders