First Bulgarian Gardener at Prestigious UK Flower Show
Gardener Hristo Yordanov will be the first Bulgarian to participate in one of the most prestigious flower forum in the UK, Hampton Court Palace Flower Show.
Yordanov has presented his project "+359 Bulgarian Garden" in the Bulgarian city of Ruse, where he negotiated with the local plant for production of fireproofing to make the 359 flowerpots he needed. The numbers represent the code that other countries use for dialing Bulgaria.
In order to realize his project, the gardener has started a charity campaign for gathering the necessary EUR 160,000. He is depending on 320,000 Bulgarians to send a text message and show support of the original presentation of the country in the UK.
All the flowers will be ordered from a British garden. After the forum is over, Yordanov will send them to 359 people, including Queen Elizabeth II and Bono, the vocalist of U2.
Hampton Court Palace Flower Show is an annual event in early July, run by the Royal Horticultural Society at Hampton Court Palace in West London.
Besides presenting inspirational show gardens, it also focuses on environmental issues, growing your own and cookery.
- » Bulgarian Pavilion at the Venice Biennale was Visited by over 17,200 People
- » "Night 2019" in Plovdiv Offers Many Cultural Events
- » The Bulgarian Premiere of SOMEONE FROM HOME Will Take Place on September 15 at the Kino Cabana
- » Milko Lazarov's "Aga" is the Bulgarian Proposal For an Oscar
- » Theodore Ushev's 'The Physics of Sorrow' Animation with a World Premiere in Toronto
- » Vezhdi Rashidov Opens an Exhibition in Plovdiv