Bulgaria Marks Record Cancer Morbidity in 2010
An unprecedented 34,000 persons have been newly diagnosed with cancer in Bulgaria for 2010.
2009 also set a record with 33,000 persons succumbing to the disease.
That information was broken by the civic union "Together against Cancer" on World Cancer Day (February 4).
In 2009, which gives the latest composite data, Bulgaria has 262,000 registered cancer patients.
Among the cancers with the most increased prevalence are breast cancer, lung cancer, colon cancer and pancreas cancer.
Cancer is the second most frequent cause of death after cardiac diseases. 15-20,000 persons are estimated to pass away from cancer-related causes each year in Bulgaria.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 2560 Cases of COVID-19 in Bulgaria, 22 Newly Registered for June 3
- » Russian COVID-19 Vaccine in the Form of Yogurt?
- » WHO: Be Careful, This is Still a Killer Virus, after Claim by Italian Doctor
- » 19 New Cases of Coronavirus in Bulgaria, Total: 2538 on June 2
- » The Last Patients With COVID-19 Have Been Discharged From Pirogov Hospital
- » Masks Are Not Mandatory in Restaurants in Bulgaria