Bulgaria Marks Record Cancer Morbidity in 2010
An unprecedented 34,000 persons have been newly diagnosed with cancer in Bulgaria for 2010.
2009 also set a record with 33,000 persons succumbing to the disease.
That information was broken by the civic union "Together against Cancer" on World Cancer Day (February 4).
In 2009, which gives the latest composite data, Bulgaria has 262,000 registered cancer patients.
Among the cancers with the most increased prevalence are breast cancer, lung cancer, colon cancer and pancreas cancer.
Cancer is the second most frequent cause of death after cardiac diseases. 15-20,000 persons are estimated to pass away from cancer-related causes each year in Bulgaria.
- » Bulgarian Women Had over 5,300 Abortions in just Three Months
- » The Early Start of School Classes Affects the Psyche of Children
- » Pizza for Breakfast - Better than Cereal?
- » Increase in Mental Disorders Due to Dirty Air and Temperature Instability!
- » People Below the Average Height Are more likely to Be Diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes
- » Scientists Discovered a Cure for AIDS