Bulgarian Erotica Revealed in New Encyclopedia
Rituals, poems and objects revealing the peculiarities of the Bulgarian erotic life have been gathered in a new encyclopedia.
An two-volume edition entitled "The Bulgarian Erotics Encyclopedia" was officially presented in the historical museum in the city of Ruse on Thursday. The first comprehensive work for the Bulgarian erotica includes themes objects and customs that define the nature and essence of eroticism.
The materials for the encyclopedia have been collected in the course of 20 years by its author, Radoslav Radev from the Veliko Tarnovo University and show Bulgaria's erotics from antiquity to the present day. Some 500 articles are included, many of which tackle the erotic theme with a sense of humor, as well as nearly 700 pictures drawn by Bulgarian artists through the years.
Renowned works of Bulgarian poets and writers, which contain strong erotic elements have also been cited in the book.
" Erotics is about sensitivity, and the Balkan sensitivity is unique, that is why this encyclopedia is so captivating," according to its author.
- » Explosion at a Dobrich Gas Station Killed a Woman, Another is in a Hospital
- » Warm Weather on Sunday as well as in the New Week in Bulgaria
- » BNR: Old Railway Line in Sofia to Be Transformed into Park Bike Lane
- » Mostly Sunny Today, with Maximum Temperatures between 27C and 32C
- » Strong Earthquake near Ankara This Morning
- » Wildfire Raging near Kazanlak, 500 Decares of Pine Forest is Burning