Bulgarian Girl Awarded in National Geographic Photo Contest
Bulgarian teenage girl, Magdalena Velkova, has received an award from the National Geographic International Photo Contest for Kids.
Velkova, age 14, from the Black Sea city of Varna was bestowed an honorary mention in the "People" category for her picture "When I Grow Up."
The photograph, which was ranked first in the national contest, beat scores of submissions from 12 countries, including the US and the UK, all national contest winners.
The professional journalist jury and National Geographic magazine representatives ranked the pictures, which were sent to the magazine's headquarters in Washington DC.
This is the second consecutive year a Bulgarian picture receives an award from National Geographic.
The winner in this year's contest is Despina Tekeli, age 12 , from Greece. She won a trip to Washington DC and her picture will be published in all international editions of National Geographic Kids.
The pictures can be seen at kids.nationalgeographic.com
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Today is the World Theatre Day
- » The 24th Sofia International Film Festival and the 17th Sofia Meetings Postponed
- » The National Gallery Limits Attendance at its Affiliates
- » The 24rd Edition of Sofia International Film Festival Begins in March
- » The New James Bond Movie Premiere will be Delayed because of the Coronavirus
- » Al Bano and Romina Power's Concert in Bulgaria is Postponed