Bulgarian Girl Awarded in National Geographic Photo Contest
Bulgarian teenage girl, Magdalena Velkova, has received an award from the National Geographic International Photo Contest for Kids.
Velkova, age 14, from the Black Sea city of Varna was bestowed an honorary mention in the "People" category for her picture "When I Grow Up."
The photograph, which was ranked first in the national contest, beat scores of submissions from 12 countries, including the US and the UK, all national contest winners.
The professional journalist jury and National Geographic magazine representatives ranked the pictures, which were sent to the magazine's headquarters in Washington DC.
This is the second consecutive year a Bulgarian picture receives an award from National Geographic.
The winner in this year's contest is Despina Tekeli, age 12 , from Greece. She won a trip to Washington DC and her picture will be published in all international editions of National Geographic Kids.
The pictures can be seen at kids.nationalgeographic.com
- » Bulgarian Pavilion at the Venice Biennale was Visited by over 17,200 People
- » "Night 2019" in Plovdiv Offers Many Cultural Events
- » The Bulgarian Premiere of SOMEONE FROM HOME Will Take Place on September 15 at the Kino Cabana
- » Milko Lazarov's "Aga" is the Bulgarian Proposal For an Oscar
- » Theodore Ushev's 'The Physics of Sorrow' Animation with a World Premiere in Toronto
- » Vezhdi Rashidov Opens an Exhibition in Plovdiv