18 Bulgarian Districts under Flu Epidemic
The Bulgarian cities of Ruse, Yambol and Montana announced flu epidemic on Monday, the Health Ministry informed.
18 out of 27 Bulgarian districts are under flu epidemic, including Sofia City, Burgas, Vratsa, Shumen, Blagoevgrad, Veliko Tarnovo, Kyustendil, Pleven, Pazardzhik and Targovishte.
Sofia City and Blagoevgrad are expected to declare an end of the flu epidemic by the end of the week, while other districts are yet to announce its beginning.
Last week, the Head of the "Monitoring of Contagious Diseases" Department at the Bulgarian Health Ministry, Dr. Angel Kunchev, said that the most important characteristic of the flu is the very fast increase of those infected and the relatively fast decrease.
He also advised people to seek medical help immediately and to have an X-ray.
The symptoms include strong headaches, high fever and fatigue.
According to data from the National Reference Laboratory the flue is of the A(H1N1) type virus. It can lead to pneumonia, doctors say, and warn strongly against self-medicating and taking antibiotics.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » May 25: Only 6 New Cases of COVID-19 in Bulgaria, Total: 2433
- » 2427 Cases of COVID-19 on May 24 in Bulgaria
- » Coronavirus: The Current Situatuation in the World
- » May 23, Bulgaria: Total Number of COVID-19 Cases is 2408, 808 - Cured
- » Catholic Priest is Using a Squirt Gun to Bless Believers
- » Trump: We are Not Closing the Country in Case of a Second Wave