Bulgarian Interior Arrests Own Officers over Racketeering
14 Bulgarian border police officers working at the Danube Bridge to Romania have been detained, announced Minister of Interior Tsvetan Tsvetanov.
There is evidence that the 14 officers working at the checkpoint nearby the city of Ruse have been "racketeering" travelers, said Tsvetanov.
Ten of the officers have been put under arrest, while four more have been given a BGN 2000 bail per person.
The officers are presently being questioned.
- » Bulgaria Busts Key Migrant Smuggling Ring
- » The Police Detained a Man Waving a Gun at a Cafe in the Center of Plovdiv
- » Bulgaria Breaks up illegal Immigrant Smuggling Gang
- » Teacher from Rousse was Sentenced to Eight Years in Prison for Sexually Assaulting Schoolgirls
- » Sofia Police Detain a Man who Forcibly Dragged a 15-year-old in his Car
- » Police in Boris Johnson's Home after a Scandal