Bulgarian Interior Arrests Own Officers over Racketeering
14 Bulgarian border police officers working at the Danube Bridge to Romania have been detained, announced Minister of Interior Tsvetan Tsvetanov.
There is evidence that the 14 officers working at the checkpoint nearby the city of Ruse have been "racketeering" travelers, said Tsvetanov.
Ten of the officers have been put under arrest, while four more have been given a BGN 2000 bail per person.
The officers are presently being questioned.
- » Former Greek Military Official Shot his Bulgarian Girlfriend and Killed Himself
- » Illegal Logging in Bulgaria is Estimated at BGN 150 Million Per Year
- » Bulgarian Police Shuts Down 2 illegal Cannabis Production Greenhouses
- » Mayor of Cherven Bryag was Detained for 24 Hours
- » Former Counter-intelligence Expert is Convinced the Terrorist from New Zealand had Contacts with Bulgarians
- » The Police Found Dead the Man who Killed his Wife in Botevgrad