ALABASTER RELIC BOX WITH RARE FIND DATED TO 4TH CENTURY
Society | August 4, 2002, Sunday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
An alabaster relic box containing the bones of a saint was found during excavations in an episcopal basilica of Odessos, whose floor is being restored by Bulgarian and French archaeologists. A brick chamber covered with the base of an ancient pillar was found in the southeastern part of the central nave of the basilica where the altar stood. The chamber contained a unique stone sarcophagus where the alabaster relic box lay. The find was dated to the 4th century and is well preserved. According to experts similar finds dating from the Early Christian Era are very rare. This is the third find of this kind in Varna.Society » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » More than 60 Were Killed in Blasts at Mosque in Afghanistan
- » BFSA Withdraws Dangerous Romanian Mackerel from the Market
- » Bulgarian Warships Depart for NATO Missions
- » President Rumen Radev with a Comment about the State of the Media Environment in Bulgaria
- » The Iconic Barbie Doll Is Turning 60!
- » Plane Overshot the Runway in Alaska