US Authorities Charge 5 Bulgarians with ATM Fraud
Five Bulgarians have been charged in the United States for draining of bank accounts through skimming devices, attached to ATM machines, US daily "The Pottstown Mercury" reported.
The five men - Dimitar Tanchev, 28, Dragomir Lipov, 26, Ismail Misankov, 31, Dimcho Vasilev, 30, and Krasimir Uzunov, 47 – were arrested at a Lower Providence hotel on December 23, 2010, according to the Montgomery County District Attorney's Office.
Skimming devices have been found during th search of their hotel rooms, the police announced.
The suspects allegedly withdrew USD 134,570 from 143 bank accounts in Montgomery and Chester counties in the period between October 1 and December 23.
The Bulgarians are being detained at the Montgomery County Correctional Facility on 0,000 bail each. Three of them have immigration detainer filed against them.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: A Driver was Detained after a Spectacular Chase with the Police in Sofia
- » Murder in Sofia: A Man Died from Multiple Stab Wounds, his Son was Detained
- » Bulgaria: Authorities Detained a Police Officer while On Duty with more than 1.6 Promille of Alcohol
- » Specialized Police Operation in the Bulgarian Village of Sindel after the Rape of a 73-year-old Woman
- » A 73-year-old Woman was Raped in a Bulgarian Village
- » 30 Days in Detention for the Attacker of Bulgarian Hristiyan Pendikov in North Macedonia