Sea Water near Bulgaria's Varna Turns Red
Pollution from an unidentified source has turned the sea water near the port of the Black Sea city of Varna red Thursday.
The Head of the Control and Preservation of Sea Environment, Search and Rescue department at the Maritime Administration told Darik radio the pollution had not come from oil, but it is still unknown what exactly happened.
Experts from the Regional Environment Directorate have taken samples in order to establish the source.
The area has been cleaned in the course of two hours – between 11 am and 1 pm.
- » Millions of People Around the World Have Joined the Global Climate Strike
- » Fire Burned Dozens of Decares of Forests near Vidin
- » We Celebrate the Night of the Bats
- » Rain in the Southeast Part of Bulgaria Before Noon, Temperatures Between 20C and 23C
- » Two Powerful Earthquakes Registered in Indonesia Minutes Ago!
- » Indonesia Returns Tonnes of Waste to the West