Sea Water near Bulgaria's Varna Turns Red
Pollution from an unidentified source has turned the sea water near the port of the Black Sea city of Varna red Thursday.
The Head of the Control and Preservation of Sea Environment, Search and Rescue department at the Maritime Administration told Darik radio the pollution had not come from oil, but it is still unknown what exactly happened.
Experts from the Regional Environment Directorate have taken samples in order to establish the source.
The area has been cleaned in the course of two hours – between 11 am and 1 pm.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Mexican Zoo - Refuge for Animals During the Pandemic
- » Stricter Control Over Waste Incineration in Bulgaria
- » Mass Killing of Elephants in Ethiopia
- » Poachers Killed One of the Rarest Birds in Bulgaria
- » Two People Have Been Infected With COVID-19 by a Mink
- » Bulgarian State Railways Signed a Contract with Siemens