Bulgaria Celebrates Cinema Day, Movie Theaters Skip
As Wednesday marks the day of Bulgarian cinema, no Bulgarian movies are being shown in the country's biggest theaters.
January 13 was announced as the day of the Bulgarian cinema in 2005. It is an official holiday for all Bulgarian movie industry workers. The date commemorates the premiere of the nation's first movie "Bulgaran is Gallant"on January 13, 1915.
In the last five years, Bulgarian movies were shown with discount tickets in order to mark the event. However, in 2011 no large Bulgarian theater plans to screen a Bulgarian movie, except for Sofia's "Vlaykova", which will show the recent hit "Mission London".
- » Bulgarian Pavilion at the Venice Biennale was Visited by over 17,200 People
- » "Night 2019" in Plovdiv Offers Many Cultural Events
- » The Bulgarian Premiere of SOMEONE FROM HOME Will Take Place on September 15 at the Kino Cabana
- » Milko Lazarov's "Aga" is the Bulgarian Proposal For an Oscar
- » Theodore Ushev's 'The Physics of Sorrow' Animation with a World Premiere in Toronto
- » Vezhdi Rashidov Opens an Exhibition in Plovdiv