Free Retro Tram Rides to Entertain Sofia Residents
Two retro trams will take for free rides passengers in Sofia as a celebration of the 110th anniversary of the vehicles in the Bulgarian capital, the Sofia Public Electrical Transport company JSC has announced.
The two trams will work Thursday from 10:30 am to 4 pm. They will run on the oldest routes of the city.
The first trams in Sofia were launched on January 1, 1901. The construction of the lines began on December 1, 1898 by companies from France and Belgium.
After the launch of the first tram, passengers were served by 25 motor cars, which ran on 6 routes with a total length of 23 km. At the beginning of 2009, the routes had a total length of 300 km.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » SpaceX Successfully Launched its First Two People into Orbit (Video + Live Stream)
- » May 31: 2531 Total Cases of Coronavirus in Bulgaria, 14 Newly Registered
- » Conferences and Seminars are Allowed in Bulgaria
- » 14 New Cases of COVID-19 in Bulgaria for the last 24 Hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria Today - May 30th
- » South Korea: Many Schools Close Again After Reopening