Free Retro Tram Rides to Entertain Sofia Residents
Two retro trams will take for free rides passengers in Sofia as a celebration of the 110th anniversary of the vehicles in the Bulgarian capital, the Sofia Public Electrical Transport company JSC has announced.
The two trams will work Thursday from 10:30 am to 4 pm. They will run on the oldest routes of the city.
The first trams in Sofia were launched on January 1, 1901. The construction of the lines began on December 1, 1898 by companies from France and Belgium.
After the launch of the first tram, passengers were served by 25 motor cars, which ran on 6 routes with a total length of 23 km. At the beginning of 2009, the routes had a total length of 300 km.
- » Twitter Closed Thousands of Accounts Around the World For Spreading Fake News
- » Millions of People Around the World Have Joined the Global Climate Strike
- » Fire Burned Dozens of Decares of Forests near Vidin
- » Yordanka Fandakova: For Four Years Sofia Municipality Has Invested BGN 55 Million in Healthcare
- » The Cause of the NRA's Data Leak Revealed
- » Study: People under 35 Are the Most Unhappy