Porn Scandal Shuts Down Turkish Media Department
A porn film submitted as a final thesis by a student has provoked a huge controversy and Turkey and led to the temporary shut down of the Media Department at the Bilgi University in Istanbul.
As reported by Deutsche Welle, the thesis, submitted by 24-year-old cinematography student Deniz Ozgun, was approved by the student's advisers, who nevertheless told him to involve more intellectual depth.
At the actual defense, the thesis provoked academic criticism, as professors found that the work is not sufficiently motivated and rigorous, almost failing Ozgun.
The controversy nevertheless flared after Ozgun told about his project to a journalist friend, who acquainted the public with the fact.
Istanbul's Bilgi University is among the most liberal in Turkey, and has this far had no problems with this policy.
Ozgun's stated goal was to test how far tolerance and academic freedom goes in his country.
At any rate, this has provoked the ire not only of large parts of the Turkish public, but also of Bilgi University's central organs, who have this far fired three faculty members who have been academically involved in the project.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 402 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia takes over the Presidency of the UN Security Council
- » A Romanian Court has placed Andrew Tate under House Arrest
- » For the First Time a Country in Europe Banned ChatGPT
- » EU Prosecutor's Office is conducting Searches in Sofia as part of an Investigation into Corruption and Misuse of Funds
- » Lukashenko: A Third World War with Nuclear Fire is on the Horizon
- » The Jihadists detained in Belgium, including a Bulgarian, were Preparing the Murder of the Mayor of Antwerp