Qatar 73rd State to Recognize Kosovo's Independence
Qatar has become the 73rd sovereign nation to recognize the independence of Kosovo, the youngest state in the Balkans.
The Kosovo diplomatic mission in New York was officially notified of the decision by Qatar, Kosovo's Deputy Foreign Minister Vlora Pecani announced Wednesday.
Qatar's recognition of Kosovo comes several months after Kosovo Prime Minister Hashim Thaci visited the Persian Gulf state in September 2010.
In 2010, Kosovo, which declared independence on February 17, 2008, despite opposition from Serbia, was recognized by Mauritania, Swazilend, Vanuatu, Djibouti, Somalia, Honduras, Kiribati, and Tuvalu.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The European Commission is Skeptical about the Schengen Compensation requested by Romania
- » Day 584 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Putin greeted the residents of the Occupied Regions
- » The US has called on Serbia to Withdraw its Troops from the Border with Kosovo
- » Romania Strengthens its Defenses along the Danube due to the Approaching War
- » On Sunday the Istanbul Convention becomes binding in the EU
- » Day 583 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia is not planning further Mobilization