Anorthosis Snaps Up Bulgarian Midfielder
Stanislav Angelov, a Bulgarian internationally capped midfielder, signed a contract with Cypriot football club Anorthosis Famagusta on Tuesday.
He has been capped 37 times for Bulgaria.
"I'm very pleased that Angelov decided to join us," new Anorthosis coach Stanimir Stoilov, also Bulgarian, has said. "I know him very well and I'm sure he'll help the club."
Angelov, 32, was part of the Bulgarian Levski football club which reached the quarter finals in the prestigious UEFA cup tournament. Stoilov was Levski's coach at that time. He later became Bulgaria's national coach, but resigned after their 1-0 home defeat by Montenegro in a Euro 2012 qualifier.
Anorthosis was the first Cypriot club to reach the group stages of the Champions League in 2008
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Play in Stockholm on October 14
- » Kubrat Pulev Is at the Top of Professional Boxing!
- » EU Volleyball Tournament: Bulgaria Triumphs over Portugal
- » Bulgarian FA Incensed by Southgate's Racism Claims
- » England 4-0 Bulgaria, Third Consecutive Defeat for Manager Balakov
- » Grigor Dimitrov Faces Daniil Medvedev in the Semifinals of the US Open