Anorthosis Snaps Up Bulgarian Midfielder
Stanislav Angelov, a Bulgarian internationally capped midfielder, signed a contract with Cypriot football club Anorthosis Famagusta on Tuesday.
He has been capped 37 times for Bulgaria.
"I'm very pleased that Angelov decided to join us," new Anorthosis coach Stanimir Stoilov, also Bulgarian, has said. "I know him very well and I'm sure he'll help the club."
Angelov, 32, was part of the Bulgarian Levski football club which reached the quarter finals in the prestigious UEFA cup tournament. Stoilov was Levski's coach at that time. He later became Bulgaria's national coach, but resigned after their 1-0 home defeat by Montenegro in a Euro 2012 qualifier.
Anorthosis was the first Cypriot club to reach the group stages of the Champions League in 2008
- » Grigor Dimitrov Lost in the First Round in Geneva
- » Three-Time Formula 1 World Champion Niki Lauda has Died at the Age of 70
- » Police in Sofia with Extraordinary Measures due to the Football Derby between Levski and CSKA
- » Grigor Dimitrov Climbed One Place In The ATP World Rankings
- » Ivet Lalova Took First Place In The 200-Meter Race In Osaka
- » Grigor Dimitrov Won his First Match in Geneva