Anorthosis Snaps Up Bulgarian Midfielder
Stanislav Angelov, a Bulgarian internationally capped midfielder, signed a contract with Cypriot football club Anorthosis Famagusta on Tuesday.
He has been capped 37 times for Bulgaria.
"I'm very pleased that Angelov decided to join us," new Anorthosis coach Stanimir Stoilov, also Bulgarian, has said. "I know him very well and I'm sure he'll help the club."
Angelov, 32, was part of the Bulgarian Levski football club which reached the quarter finals in the prestigious UEFA cup tournament. Stoilov was Levski's coach at that time. He later became Bulgaria's national coach, but resigned after their 1-0 home defeat by Montenegro in a Euro 2012 qualifier.
Anorthosis was the first Cypriot club to reach the group stages of the Champions League in 2008
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » UEFA Opens ‘disciplinary investigation’ against Real Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus
- » UEFA to Punish Super League Teams with Disciplinary Action
- » Bulgarian Top Player Grigor Dimitrov Will Face Lloyd Harris at Madrid Masters
- » European Super League Collapsed less than 72 Hours After It Was Announced
- » Real Madrid President Perez - Super League Created to 'save football'
- » FIFA President Warns Super League Clubs: Either You Are In Or You Are Out