Anorthosis Snaps Up Bulgarian Midfielder
Stanislav Angelov, a Bulgarian internationally capped midfielder, signed a contract with Cypriot football club Anorthosis Famagusta on Tuesday.
He has been capped 37 times for Bulgaria.
"I'm very pleased that Angelov decided to join us," new Anorthosis coach Stanimir Stoilov, also Bulgarian, has said. "I know him very well and I'm sure he'll help the club."
Angelov, 32, was part of the Bulgarian Levski football club which reached the quarter finals in the prestigious UEFA cup tournament. Stoilov was Levski's coach at that time. He later became Bulgaria's national coach, but resigned after their 1-0 home defeat by Montenegro in a Euro 2012 qualifier.
Anorthosis was the first Cypriot club to reach the group stages of the Champions League in 2008
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » How New Technologies Help Sport Fans Around the World
- » Bulgaria: Stadiums Open to the Public in Compliance with Strict Measures
- » Police Officers Took Grigor Dimitrov's Driver License in Monaco
- » Sport Events in Bulgaria Without Audience Until August 31
- » Alexandar Georgiev to Be Only Bulgarian-Born Player in Revised NHL Playoffs
- » Online Casinos: Top Reasons Why Casinos Are The Best In The UK