Bulgaria Covered in Thin Snow, Expects Warmer Period
The weak snowfall that has spread across Bulgaria will stop by Monday evening, according to weather forecasts.
The temperatures on Monday are -2 C in Sofia, -3 C in the city of Ruse and about 7 C in Ahtopol.
The snow cover in the city of Blagoevgrad has reached 4-5 cm. The temperature is about zero degrees Celsius. Wet snow of about 2 cm has also covered the region of the city of Sliven.
There are rainfalls in the Black Sea towns of Kavarna and Balchik. However, the city of Burgas is covered in 5-6 cm snow.
By Monday night, precipitations across the country will decrease and will stop by Tuesday morning. The temperatures then will be negative in most of the Bulgarian territory, between -5/0 degrees Celisus.
Wednesday will be sunny, but still cold. Temperatures at some parts of the country are expected to fall to -12 C.
Thursday will mark the beginning of a warmer period. On Sunday, the minimum temperatures will be around zero, while during the day, the weather will be warmer than the average for the month. Temperatures will reach 10-12 C.
There are good conditions for mountain tourism. The temperatures in the winter resorts will range between -6/0 degrees Celsius. The snow cover is of about 3 cm.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Poachers Killed One of the Rarest Birds in Bulgaria
- » Two People Have Been Infected With COVID-19 by a Mink
- » Bulgarian State Railways Signed a Contract with Siemens
- » Lake Varna: Tons of Dead Fish at the Shore, What is the Reason?
- » The Sun Has Not Been This Quiet Since the Ice Age
- » Emergency Declared in Michigan - Two Dams Have Breached