Bulgaria under Code Yellow over Winter Weather
All regions of Bulgaria are under code yellow Monday over the falling snow, the National Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences informs.
Code yellow means dangerous natural events, but without a threat to the population.
The most significant snow fall is expected in eastern and northern Bulgaria.
All cross-border check points are open for traffic, however, automobiles using the ones at Ilinden and Zlatograd at the Greek border are required to have tire chains.
Police report heavy traffic on the E-79 road to the Kulata cross-border point between Bulgaria and Greece and a number of traffic incidents.
- » It will be Sunny Today, with Scattered High Clouds Around Midday
- » Warm Weather on Sunday as well as in the New Week in Bulgaria
- » Mostly Sunny Today, with Maximum Temperatures between 27C and 32C
- » Strong Earthquake near Ankara This Morning
- » Wildfire Raging near Kazanlak, 500 Decares of Pine Forest is Burning
- » By the end of 2020, the First Hydrogen Refueling Stations Should Be Operational in Bulgaria