Bulgarians: Wham! Single Most Annoying Christmas Song Ever
The British pop group Wham!'s 1984 single "Last Christmas" is the most annoying Christmas song ever, according to a Bulgarian poll.
"Last Christmas, I gave you my heart/But the very next day, you gave it away" - these are the lines which bring about a nasty itching sensation in most Bulgarians during the holiday season, the poll has shown, even though Mariah Carey's "All I want for Christmas" came closely second
Bulgaria "grabs" the third place, with Vasil Naydenov and Bogdana Karadocheva's "New Year".
"I think these songs are the reason for Christmas depressions and suicides," one of the pollsters commented jokingly.
Most pollsters state that the above mentioned songs are irritating since they are overexposed.
Some of the surveyed Bulgarians, though, can not imagine Christmas without these classic tunes and accuse their compatriots of being too cynical.
Despite the vote, these exact two picks were listed by the website www.gigwise.com as the most downloaded Christmas songs this year, judging by figures collected by OVI music store.
- » Artists From Over 10 Countries Will Participate at the Festival ' Laboratory 180 °'
- » The Metropolitan Library Presents an Exhibition for 140 Years of the State Gazette
- » "Cinema Under the Stars" Begins Tonight with the Movie "Ága"
- » The Repair and Restoration of the Miniral Bath in Bankya Will Cost BGN 8 mln
- » Over 1300 Foreign Artists and Ballet Dancers Work in Bulgaria
- » European Awards For Cultural Heritage Await Nominations