Glenn Miller Orchestra to Stage Gigs in Bulgaria's Sofia, Varna
The Kings of Swing, Glenn Miller Orchestra, is arriving to Bulgaria again to stage two concerts in Sofia and in the Black Sea city of Varna, the organizers ART BG have announced.
The famous musicians had a very successful first concert in Sofia’s Palace of Culture a year ago. This year, the gigs will be held on December 15 in Varna’s Palace of Culture and Sport and in Sofia on December 16, as part of this year’s edition of the New Year Music Festival.
The 22-member orchestra under will perform the best composition in the typical Glenn Miller style – swing, from the 1940s to the 70s and 80s.
Tickets for the performances will vary from EUR 15 to EUR 30.
The Glenn Miller Orchestra was originally formed in 1937 by Glenn Miller. It was arranged about a clarinet and tenor saxophone playing melody, while three other saxophones played the harmony.
After Miller’s disappearance (and presumed death) in 1944, the band was reconstituted and continued to record and perform under various leaders.
- » Mariya Gabriel Opens an Exhibition For Sofia at the European Commission
- » The Mona Lisa Returned to its Usual Place in the Louvre
- » Unique Mono Works Within the Exhibition "Okay"
- » Handmade Festival Open Doors in the National Palace of Culture
- » Exhibition of Kolyo Karamfilov at the National Palace of Culture
- » A Picture of Banksy Was Sold For a Record Amount of Money