Bulgarian PM Wants to Fine Greedy MPs
Bulgaria's Prime Minister and leader of the center-right Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria (GERB) party, Boyko Borisov, wants to impose fines on the 16 Members of Parliament who succumbed to a media trick.
According to the Bulgarian largest private TV channel bTV, Borisov had extended the proposal for the fines to the Speaker of the Parliament, Tsetska Tsacheva.
The PM had asked for a penalty in the amount of a monthly wage (about BGN 2 300) to a wage and a half for the 16 MPs, who were exposed for their greed and prevalence of personal interests over legislative responsibilities.
On Tuesday, the Parliamentary group of the ruling GERB party decided to sanction the 8 GERB MPs, who were part of the group, with a "strong reprimand" and asked the other parties in the Parliament to issue an official position.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend