Deadly Fire Still Blazing in Israel
The massive fire continues to rip through northern Israel on Saturday, with Israeli and foreign firefighters stuggling to contain it.
A total of 43 people are dead and more than 17 000 are already evacuated from their homes. the alarming figures forced Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu sought to call for more international forces to join those already working to battle the biggest inferno in Israel's history.
The fire has destroyed homes in three areas overnight: Ein Hod, Nir Etzion and Yemin Hod, all of which had already been evacuated, according to the Israely police.
The raging fires near the Israeli city of Haifa that started in a dumping ground and went out of control Thursday.The blaze has destroyed the kibbutz of Beit Oren and caused severe damages beyond it. Large amounts of smoke continue to swell in the area.
Meanwhile, at the rescue services' headquarters at Haifa University on Friday, Israeli Fire Department spokesman Guy Menasherov said the Bulgarian firefighter contingent "is working very hard to save lives and save the Carmel. We seem them as brothers in arms and we are working side by side to fight this fire. They are nothing short of heroes"
Aid has also come from Egypt, Azerbaijan, Spain, Croatia, France and Jordan.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 15: Mostly Sunny Today
- » Inspection of the Bulgarian Minister of Agriculture Whether Unauthorized Plant Protection is being Used
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 14: Cool in the Morning. Warm in the Afternoon
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 13: Cloudy Windy Monday
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Warm and Windy Sunday
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Hot Weekend