Deadly Fire Still Blazing in Israel
The massive fire continues to rip through northern Israel on Saturday, with Israeli and foreign firefighters stuggling to contain it.
A total of 43 people are dead and more than 17 000 are already evacuated from their homes. the alarming figures forced Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu sought to call for more international forces to join those already working to battle the biggest inferno in Israel's history.
The fire has destroyed homes in three areas overnight: Ein Hod, Nir Etzion and Yemin Hod, all of which had already been evacuated, according to the Israely police.
The raging fires near the Israeli city of Haifa that started in a dumping ground and went out of control Thursday.The blaze has destroyed the kibbutz of Beit Oren and caused severe damages beyond it. Large amounts of smoke continue to swell in the area.
Meanwhile, at the rescue services' headquarters at Haifa University on Friday, Israeli Fire Department spokesman Guy Menasherov said the Bulgarian firefighter contingent "is working very hard to save lives and save the Carmel. We seem them as brothers in arms and we are working side by side to fight this fire. They are nothing short of heroes"
Aid has also come from Egypt, Azerbaijan, Spain, Croatia, France and Jordan.
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria, Highs between 16°C and 21°C
- » Variable Clouds to Sunny Spells over most of Bulgaria this Morning
- » Cloudy Day with Rain in Many Places in Bulgaria, Highs between 12-17°C
- » Considerable Cloudiness Across most of Bulgaria, Rain in some Places in the Afternoon
- » Wild Animals have Eaten Pelican Eggs in "Srebarna" Nature Reserve
- » Fake Sports Goods Detained at Varna West Port