Light Earthquake Registered in Southern Bulgaria
A light earthquake was registered in southern Bulgaria Wednesday morning, the Seismology Institute at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences reports.
The epicenter is near the village of Kobilyane, 20 km southwest of the southern city of Kardzhali. It happened at 11:10 am with a 2.5 magnitude on the Richter scale.
The quake was not felt by local people and there are no reports of fatalities and material damage.
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria, Highs between 16°C and 21°C
- » Variable Clouds to Sunny Spells over most of Bulgaria this Morning
- » Cloudy Day with Rain in Many Places in Bulgaria, Highs between 12-17°C
- » Considerable Cloudiness Across most of Bulgaria, Rain in some Places in the Afternoon
- » Wild Animals have Eaten Pelican Eggs in "Srebarna" Nature Reserve
- » Fake Sports Goods Detained at Varna West Port