2 Ships Collide Off Bulgarian Coast, Oil Spill Feared
Two ships have collided in the Black Sea some 20 km south of Bulgaria’s Emine Cape, the Bulgarian Maritime Administration announced.
The collision occurred late on Monday, and there is still very little information about the incident.
Seven sailors are believed to be missing, according to unconfirmed reports.
One of the ships is believed to an oil tanker sailing under the flag of Sierra Leone, and the Bulgarian authorities fear they might be an oil spill along the country’s southern Black Sea coast.
There is no information about the nationality and type of the other ship
Units of the Bulgarian Civil Protection Service has set off for the site of the incident and are expected to begin a rescue operation starting around 7 pm local time.
Expect further details as more information becomes available!
- » It Will Be Sunny Today, around and after Noon - Hot
- » Sunny and Hot Saturday
- » 5 Magnitude Earthquake on the Richter Scale Strikes Japan
- » The Beauty of the Amazon Jungle - The "Lungs of the Earth" (GALLERY)
- » 250 Acres of Oak Forest and Pastures Burned near Vetren
- » Weather Forecasters Warn about Dangerous Rip Currents