2 Ships Collide Off Bulgarian Coast, Oil Spill Feared
Two ships have collided in the Black Sea some 20 km south of Bulgaria’s Emine Cape, the Bulgarian Maritime Administration announced.
The collision occurred late on Monday, and there is still very little information about the incident.
Seven sailors are believed to be missing, according to unconfirmed reports.
One of the ships is believed to an oil tanker sailing under the flag of Sierra Leone, and the Bulgarian authorities fear they might be an oil spill along the country’s southern Black Sea coast.
There is no information about the nationality and type of the other ship
Units of the Bulgarian Civil Protection Service has set off for the site of the incident and are expected to begin a rescue operation starting around 7 pm local time.
Expect further details as more information becomes available!
- » Good Weather Conditions for Mountain Tourism Today in Bulgaria
- » Sunny and Warm Today in Bulgaria with Highs Between 23°C and 28°C
- » The Earth Has Lost 12 million Hectares of Tropical Forests in 2018
- » European Project Supports Young People for Innovative Energy Efficiency Changes in the Danube Region
- » Sunshine Today in Bulgaria with Highs of 21-26°C
- » Rain with Sand from Sahara in Smolyan