2 Ships Collide Off Bulgarian Coast, Oil Spill Feared
Two ships have collided in the Black Sea some 20 km south of Bulgaria’s Emine Cape, the Bulgarian Maritime Administration announced.
The collision occurred late on Monday, and there is still very little information about the incident.
Seven sailors are believed to be missing, according to unconfirmed reports.
One of the ships is believed to an oil tanker sailing under the flag of Sierra Leone, and the Bulgarian authorities fear they might be an oil spill along the country’s southern Black Sea coast.
There is no information about the nationality and type of the other ship
Units of the Bulgarian Civil Protection Service has set off for the site of the incident and are expected to begin a rescue operation starting around 7 pm local time.
Expect further details as more information becomes available!
- » Europroject Will Improve Air Quality in Six Large Municipalities in Bulgaria
- » Is Winter Going Away? New Warm Wave is Coming
- » Snowfall in some Areas in Bulgaria, Highs between 1-6°C
- » WWF: All Rivers in Bulgaria are Damaged
- » Maximum Temperatures Today Between 2°C and 7°C,
- » Cold and Dry Weather in Bulgaria until February 20th