DISTINGUISHED BULGARIAN DIRECTOR TO ACT IN NEW FILM ABOUT WWII
Society | July 30, 2002, Tuesday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
Bulgaria's distinguished stage director Alexander Morfov will participate in the role of the conjurer in Ivan Nichev's new film Journey to Jerusalem. The shooting of the film began last week. "The plot follows the escape of a Bulgarian theatre company from the Nazi regime in Germany in 1939-1940," the director explained. "After the success of my previous film, "After the End of the World", I decided to make a film about the time of World War II in Bulgaria because very little is known about that period," he added. The movie is expected to be ready by the end of this year, and the premiere is planned to take place next spring. The film is co-produced by the National Film Centre and the Bulgarian National Television's TV Film Production Centre for Bulgaria and by Saxonia Media and ARD for Germany. The project has received financial support from the European Fund of the Council of Europe for the Support of Co-production, Distribution and Exhibition of European Feature Films and Documentaries (EURIMAGES).Society » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » One of the Rarest Coins in the World Is up for Auction
- » 5.2 Magnitude Earthquake Struck South Sumatra
- » A Municipality in Denmark with an Ambitious Program For Reducing Emissions
- » Two Writers Have Won the Prestigious Booker Prize for 2019
- » Mostly Sunny Today, with Temperatures From 23C to 28C
- » Elton John Calls Michael Jackson "Mentally Ill" and a "Disturbing Person to Be Around"