CEZ Power Utility Launches Electric Car Station in Sofia
Bulgaria's capital Sofia will have in the beginning of 2011 a station for recharging electric cars, using renewable energy sources.
The agreement between the Czech-owned electric power utility CEZ, servicing western Bulgaria, and the Industrial Electric Automobiles Cluster was finalized by the signing of a memorandum for partnership in the preparation and the realization of a strategy to build and develop an infrastructure of electric vehicles recharging stations.
Other joint projects include stabilizing public transportation, green industry campaigns and encouragement and advertisement of the use of ecologically clean vehicles.
CEZ is to present the know-how of the Czech Republic in the sector and their pilot projects, which are to be in place in the cities of Prague and Ostrava by 2012.
The CEZ company statement points out the memorandum is part of its global corporate green policy.
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria, Highs between 16°C and 21°C
- » Variable Clouds to Sunny Spells over most of Bulgaria this Morning
- » Cloudy Day with Rain in Many Places in Bulgaria, Highs between 12-17°C
- » Considerable Cloudiness Across most of Bulgaria, Rain in some Places in the Afternoon
- » Wild Animals have Eaten Pelican Eggs in "Srebarna" Nature Reserve
- » Fake Sports Goods Detained at Varna West Port