CEZ Power Utility Launches Electric Car Station in Sofia
Bulgaria's capital Sofia will have in the beginning of 2011 a station for recharging electric cars, using renewable energy sources.
The agreement between the Czech-owned electric power utility CEZ, servicing western Bulgaria, and the Industrial Electric Automobiles Cluster was finalized by the signing of a memorandum for partnership in the preparation and the realization of a strategy to build and develop an infrastructure of electric vehicles recharging stations.
Other joint projects include stabilizing public transportation, green industry campaigns and encouragement and advertisement of the use of ecologically clean vehicles.
CEZ is to present the know-how of the Czech Republic in the sector and their pilot projects, which are to be in place in the cities of Prague and Ostrava by 2012.
The CEZ company statement points out the memorandum is part of its global corporate green policy.
- » Temperatures Will Drop, the Real Summer Is Expected in the Beginning of August
- » Rain Showers Accompanied by Thunder Today in Bulgaria, Maximum Temperatures from 25C in Northeast to 35C in Southwest
- » Economic Losses From Bad Weather in Europe in June Will Cost $ 2 billion
- » Sunny with Highs Between 32C and 37C
- » Will the Weather in Bulgaria Surprise us Next Week?
- » Mount Etna WAKES UP