Bulgarian Meteorologists Warn of Hurricane-Like Winds
Strong winds hit Eastern Bulgaria on Tuesday, the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology (NIMH) at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences announced.
NIMH has warned that the speed of the south wind could reach up to 65-70 km/h in the regions of the Bulgarian cities of Gabrovo, Veliko Tarnovo, Ruse, Razgrad, Silistra, Dobrich, Varna, Burgas, Sliven, Yambol, Haskovo and Kardzhali.
The great intensity of the winds could turn them into hurricane winds. Damages and casualties are possible, NIMH announced.
The meteorologists have warned people to be careful, to avoid possible risks and follow the advice of authorities.
The Sofia Municipality has also reminded people to close their windows and remove poorly secured items on windows and balconies.
The winds are expected to be strongest around noon.
At the beginning of November, hurricane-like winds blew for three consecutive days causing damages across the country and prompting authorities to declare Code Orange, the second strongest natural disaster danger level.
- » Rain with Sand from Sahara in Smolyan
- » Scientists have Uncovered a Quake on Mars
- » Spells of Light Rain in Places in Bulgaria, Highs between 18°C and 23°C
- » UN: By 2050, There Will be More Plastic in the Seas Than Fish
- » Considerable Clouds Today in Bulgaria, Rain in Some Places
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria, Highs between 16°C and 21°C