Bulgarian Meteorologists Warn of Hurricane-Like Winds
Strong winds hit Eastern Bulgaria on Tuesday, the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology (NIMH) at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences announced.
NIMH has warned that the speed of the south wind could reach up to 65-70 km/h in the regions of the Bulgarian cities of Gabrovo, Veliko Tarnovo, Ruse, Razgrad, Silistra, Dobrich, Varna, Burgas, Sliven, Yambol, Haskovo and Kardzhali.
The great intensity of the winds could turn them into hurricane winds. Damages and casualties are possible, NIMH announced.
The meteorologists have warned people to be careful, to avoid possible risks and follow the advice of authorities.
The Sofia Municipality has also reminded people to close their windows and remove poorly secured items on windows and balconies.
The winds are expected to be strongest around noon.
At the beginning of November, hurricane-like winds blew for three consecutive days causing damages across the country and prompting authorities to declare Code Orange, the second strongest natural disaster danger level.
- » The First Storks that Landed in Bulgaria Remind us that Spring Coming
- » Strong Earthquake in Turkey was Felt in Plovdiv
- » Another Sunny Day Today With Highs Between 12-17°C
- » Coal-fired Power Plants of the Western Balkans Cost Bulgaria up to EUR 700m a Year
- » March with Temperatures and Rainfall in the Norms, Predict Weather Forecasts
- » Dangerously Dirty Air in the Big Cities in Bulgaria