Second Wildfire Hits Bulgaria Sunday
A forest fire has erupted in the Vitosha mountain nearby capital Sofia, while firemen are fighting a prior fire in Osogovo near Kyustendil.
Wildfires are an unusual occurence for the fall season in Bulgaria, but recent days have been unusually hot and dry.
The Vitosha fire has an area of 4-5 dekares and the wind seems to be spreading it.
The fire has erupted in the Kumata area of the Vitosha mountains and has been reported by many hillwalkers.
Vitosha is one of the most popular weekend recreation place for Sofia residents.
As with the Osogovo case, the cause has not been determined yet.
- » It will be Sunny Today, with Scattered High Clouds Around Midday
- » Warm Weather on Sunday as well as in the New Week in Bulgaria
- » Mostly Sunny Today, with Maximum Temperatures between 27C and 32C
- » Strong Earthquake near Ankara This Morning
- » Wildfire Raging near Kazanlak, 500 Decares of Pine Forest is Burning
- » By the end of 2020, the First Hydrogen Refueling Stations Should Be Operational in Bulgaria