Poland Beats Brazil with World's Largest Jesus Statue
The Polish town of Swiebodzin has completed the construction of what it is believed to be the largest statue of Jesus Christ in the world.
The building of the statue was finished Saturday with the addition of the head; the project cost USD 1.45 M, and the money was raised from donations.
Even though international media cited locals with contradictory figures about the precise measurements of the statue, it is said to be 51 m in height including the mount it is placed on, and is thus taller than the statue of the Christ the Redeemer in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, which is 38 m.
The town of Swiebodzin has a population of 22 000; thanks to the statue, it hopes to draw Catholic pilgrims from around the world.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Transgender and Tribal Women among the Recipients of India’s Top Civilian Awards
- » EU May Impose New Sanctions on Belarus as early as Monday
- » Poland Increases Security on Border with Belarus after Threat of Migrants Increases
- » Russia: For Third Day in a Row, More than 40,000 New Infections with COVID-19
- » Up to Three Years in Prison for a Fake COVID Certificate in Ukraine
- » A Record 1,178 Died of COVID-19 in Russia in the last 24 hours