Weak Earthquake Registered in Bulgaria
A 2.9-magnitude earthquake was registered near Sofia Wednesday night, the Geophysical Institute to the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences has announced.
The quake occurred at 9:56 pm, 33 km away from the Bulgarian capital, in the region of the villages Novi Han and Vakarel.
It was felt as a very weak quake and there are no reported damages.
The epicenter was near Kraljevo, but the quake was also felt in Sofia and Western Bulgaria.
- » Mostly Sunny Today, with Maximum Temperatures between 27C and 32C
- » Strong Earthquake near Ankara This Morning
- » Wildfire Raging near Kazanlak, 500 Decares of Pine Forest is Burning
- » By the end of 2020, the First Hydrogen Refueling Stations Should Be Operational in Bulgaria
- » Nearly 900 Asteroids Are Potentially Dangerous to the Earth Over the Next 100 Years
- » Record Storms in Spain - Deaths Have Been Reported