500 Honor Unveiling of Ronnie James Dio Monument in Bulgaria
More than 500 people, among whom former AC/DC and Dio drummer Simon Wright, were among the guests at the unveiling of the world's first monument to late legendary rock singer Ronnie James Dio, in Bulgaria's Kavarna.
The ceremony was held on Saturday in Kavarna, which has turned into a center for rock and metal music in Bulgaria.
Legendary singer Ronnie James Dio passed away on May 16, 2010 after a long and hard battle with stomach cancer.
His wonderful voice, preserved on the records of the bands Rainbow, Black Sabbath and Dio, left an ineraseable trace in the history of rock and metal and in the hearts of music-lovers.
The Kavarna Dio statue was commissioned by the town council and executed by Bulgarian sculptors Alexander Alexander Petrov and Krasimir Krasev-Lomski. It presents a life-size statue of Dio.
- » Today is the World Theatre Day
- » The 24th Sofia International Film Festival and the 17th Sofia Meetings Postponed
- » The National Gallery Limits Attendance at its Affiliates
- » The 24rd Edition of Sofia International Film Festival Begins in March
- » The New James Bond Movie Premiere will be Delayed because of the Coronavirus
- » Al Bano and Romina Power's Concert in Bulgaria is Postponed